“Forgiveness is Given not Earned”
Kristen often shared with me regarding her sorrow for disappointing God. She struggled with a couple sin strongholds that, at times, affected her intimacy with Him. I would always remind her that He would never leave her or forsake her, regardless of her mistakes… and neither would I.
She would ask me, “How can you and God still love me when I continue to disappoint you?” I would hug her and tell her, “Because real love isn’t conditional and forgiveness isn’t earned, it is given… It is a gift!”
The “Dancing with Daddy!” photo reminds me of how our Father “God” sees us… forever and always, his little child. It also represents the love and care I have for my daughters… through any circumstance… no matter their age… this side of heaven or the other!
The Prodigal Child…
While he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. (Luke 15:20)
Don’t believe any lie that says you can make God not love you or make Him turn away from you. He is “always” waiting for you with compassion, an embrace, and a kiss! That is our God!
— with Kristen Huffman.
(Contact Us) – Questions and comments welcome!
Subscribe to follow our story...
- “Faith gives us hope beyond our circumstances and peace within them!”
- “Grief is swallowed up in the light of His glory and grace!”
- “Heaven is as close to us as we are to Jesus!”
- “Through faith in Jesus we experience the intimacy of God!”
- “Jesus said to her, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?'” (John 11:40)
Because She Believed – (Amazon Paperback & Kindle)
Faith that overcomes… even death!