by Paul Huffman
She loved without measure,
and gave without care,
Of what was left over,
for her own burdens to bear.
We struggled through our issues,
through some trials and some pain,
But we soared on wings like eagles
and we danced in the rain.
She took my heart from me,
and gave hers in return.
Our trials bring such sweet sorrow,
but through them, we learn.
God told me of her story,
from the beginning to the end.
He said he would be with her,
her everlasting friend.
We fought over the ending,
his cup was much too hard.
I begged he find another way,
that wouldn’t leave me scarred.
He said it will be costly,
as sin has always been.
My Son gave his all,
and my servant is not above Him.
There is no greater love,
than to give your life for a friend.
And Kristen would have said,
dad let this be my end.
You know it’s only the beginning,
of my eternity with our Lord.
He will bind up all my hurts,
and loose this earthly cord.
In Christ, nothing is wasted,
no pain without relief,
No sorrow without joy,
no heartache without peace.
— with Kristen Huffman.
(Contact Us) – Questions and comments welcome!
Subscribe to follow our story...
- “Faith gives us hope beyond our circumstances and peace within them!”
- “Grief is swallowed up in the light of His glory and grace!”
- “Heaven is as close to us as we are to Jesus!”
- “Through faith in Jesus we experience the intimacy of God!”
- “Jesus said to her, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?'” (John 11:40)
Because She Believed – (Amazon Paperback & Kindle)
Faith that overcomes… even death!