Don Quixote is a Spanish novel from the early 1600’s. One famous scene from the book depicts Don Quixote as he comes to a field of windmills. Don Quixote imagines the windmills are giants and enters into battle with them.
My question is: What is your windmill?
If we focus on the windmills of life, we waste all our energy fighting the battles that have already been won. If we take our spiritual eyes off Jesus, we often continue to struggle with the things of this world and the failings of our past.
Jesus came to set us free… and we are indeed free in Him.
“I am redeemed, You set me free
So I’ll shake off theses heavy chains
Wipe away every stain
Now I’m not who I used to be
I am redeemed” -Big Daddy Weave
We need to keep our eyes on the goal and draw near to the one who has won all our battles.
“Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord” and in your grace, I will abide!
Galatians 5:1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
— with Kristen Huffman.
(Contact Us) – Questions and comments welcome!
Subscribe to follow our story...
- “Faith gives us hope beyond our circumstances and peace within them!”
- “Grief is swallowed up in the light of His glory and grace!”
- “Heaven is as close to us as we are to Jesus!”
- “Through faith in Jesus we experience the intimacy of God!”
- “Jesus said to her, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?'” (John 11:40)
Because She Believed – (Amazon Paperback & Kindle)
Faith that overcomes… even death!