On the cross, at that moment, an eternity of pain and loss and sorrow was poured out on Jesus. At that moment, He was utterly alone. At that moment, the Father turned away and allowed His Son to suffer and die.
And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34)
That is the cost of our Easter celebration. That is the cost that our Father chose to endure so we could be reconciled to Him.
Whenever you are tempted to give in to heartache, whenever you think you are all alone, remember how much you are loved by the Father!
“How deep the Father’s love for us…”
— with Kristen Huffman.
(Contact Us) – Questions and comments welcome!
Subscribe to follow our story...
- “Faith gives us hope beyond our circumstances and peace within them!”
- “Grief is swallowed up in the light of His glory and grace!”
- “Heaven is as close to us as we are to Jesus!”
- “Through faith in Jesus we experience the intimacy of God!”
- “Jesus said to her, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?'” (John 11:40)
Because She Believed – (Amazon Paperback & Kindle)
Faith that overcomes… even death!